Saturday, November 04, 2006

Draft Wrap-up

It seems that I was "the queen of the drafts" this week. I had a lot on my mind and began several posts but didn't manage to get anything finished. I am compling the best of the drafts into this post.

==========

I ended up hearing one of my favorite songs of all time on three seperate occassions this week. It's one of those obscure songs that you just don't hear very often, so to hear it 3 times in one week is, I think, noteworthy. The song is Joe Jackson's "Stepping Out" and lyrics...

Now -
The mist across the window hides the lines
But nothing hides the colour of the lights that shine
Electricity so fine
Look and dry your eyes

We -
So tired of all the darkness in our lives
With no more angry words to say
Can come alive
Get into a car and drive
To the other side

Chorus:
Me babe - steppin out
Into the night
Into the light
You babe - steppin out
Into the night
Into the light

We -
Are young but getting old before our time
Well leave the t.v. and the radio behind
Dont you wonder what well find
Steppin out tonight

You -
Can dress in pink and blue just like a child
And in a yellow taxi turn to me and smile
Well be there in just a while
If you follow me

Chorus repeats

This song always reminds me of my mother. She loved this song back in the day. She always said that the final verse reminded her of long road trips when she would find a "driving buddy" and stick with them just like the yellow taxi in the song. I think I heard this song this week to remind me that my mom was leading me through the fear of facing my tests.

==========

I love the new CD from Carbon Leaf. They continue to be one of my favorite bands of all time. The new CD is titled Love Loss Hope Repeat and the title song is fabulous. My favorite part...

Remember the days that would never end
So much time you couldn't comprehend
When the sun so slow to fade
And tomorrow was more of the same
And the easiest April Rain
Was enough to ignite the flame
And you fade out with a grin
With the company you were in

And when the high wind blows everything
Like a lion attacking the spring
I love you more than I'll ever let on
And that's a fault of mine
I'm workin on
I'm workin on
And when the sky's a dusky hue

I am beginning to agree that the seasons ought to be... love, loss, hope, repeat.

==========

I took my first midterm of the semester this week. I got an 86%. I was a bit disappointed. It's a B, which is a fine grade, but I wanted an A.

=========

It's turned to the rainy season in Seattle. We have had more rain in the month of November (and it's the 4th) than we did in June, July and August combined. I was ready for the rain. It's easier for me to induge in my favorite things when it's cold and rainy outside. I feel no guilt curling up with a cup of tea and a book on a rainy day. Or sitting at Starbuck's for hours in front of the fire. It just seems the season to relax a bit more and indulge in the things I love the most.

==========

Well my laundry calls. Have a good weekend! :-)

No comments: