Thursday, January 07, 2010

Brioche: BBA Challenge #4 (#bba)

Coming off the triumph of my fabulous bagels, I decided that I couldn't make just Brioche alone. I decided that this rich and yummy creation deserved to be served with something fabulous so I created an entire meal around it. I made a beef tenderloin with a wine reduction sauce, roasted garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus. It was yummy!


Brioche: BBA Challenge #4, originally uploaded by JewellsinSEA.

Reinhart gives three options for Brioche: Rich Man's Brioche, Middle Class Brioche and Poor Man's Brioche. I opted to make the Rich Man's Brioche because I was intrigued by the OBSCENE amount of butter it called for. The process was uneventful but I only rested the dough for the minimum time and was surprised that it hadn't chilled as thoroughly as I had hoped. When I do it again I will certainly chill it overnight. I don't have true Brioche molds but I do have some metal molds for making Taco Salad shells and I decided to use those. They baked up beautifully as seen above.

The following morning I made french toast with some of the leftovers and have now ruined myself for anything besides Brioche French Toast. Wow!

With Thanksgiving and Christmas looming around the corner, I decided following the Brioche to take a 6 week break from the BBA Challenge to deal with the wonderful *challenges* of the holiday season. With the new year will certainly come new bread!

No comments: