- Slept in and then relaxed at home on Friday morning.
- Took a long walk with Barney around the neighborhood and discovered a neighborhood park just 3 blocks away that I never knew existed.
- Finished organizing my TiVo season passes so that I catch everything I want to see.
- Did a few domestic projects around the house.
- Played pool and drank beer with Don at Rock Bottom.
- Finally tried out Teriyaki Bowl which is 2 1/2 blocks from home and it's pretty good.
- Walked the entire length of Queen Anne Ave and back with Barney.
- More household projects including giving Barney a bath, cleaning the bathroom, dead-heading my patio flowers, watering my plants, coloring my hair and painting my nails.
- Laughed, laughed, laughed with Kat and Don at Whose Line Is It Anyway All-Stars at the Moore Theatre.
- Enjoyed a yummy dinner at the Cheesecake Factory.
- Crossed the 10,000 step threshold for the first time (since I started wearing the pedometer on 9/8/08) with 11,640 steps on Saturday.
- Met a new friend for coffee that I met through this blog!
- Walked with Barney to complete some errands atop the hill.
- Saw Nights in Rodanthe with Kat and cried, cried, cried.
- Had a crazy cooking marathon on Sunday afternoon to prepare for the week including a batch of homemade vegetable soup and Eggplant Parmesan.
Monday, September 29, 2008
- Enjoyed a relaxing day at home on Friday.
- Cleaned the apartment and other necessary household chores.
- Took a sunset stroll around the Olympic Sculpture Park with Barney.
- Sorted through boxes of paperwork in an attempt to get more organized.
- Laundry, coffee atop Queen Anne hill.
- Saw The Women with Kat and Don.
- Oriented Barney's new dog walker.
- Took Barney to the vet for his rabies vaccine and a general checkup.
- Ran to Pet's Mart and the grocery store.
- Played pool with Don at Rock Bottom and then walked down to McMenamins and enjoyed dinner a few more pints.
- Worked a tradeshow at Swedish Medical Center on Saturday.
- Shopped at the Seattle Premium Outlets in Tulalip where I got a new purse at the Fossil store and picked up a few new blouses and some underwear.
- Survived a trip to WalMart.
- Enjoyed a grilled dinner at Kipp's while Barney and Kayla played in the yard.
Saturday, September 20, 2008
|You Are a Heart|
Your life philosophy can be summed up as, "Love like you've never been hurt."
Your greatest wish is to have harmony in all of your relationships.
You can't help loving people, even when they're incredibly flawed.
You are a true romantic, and you are willing to give almost anyone a second chance.
Monday, September 15, 2008
|What Your Sunglasses Say About You|
You are classy, refined, and well mannered.
Your sense of fashion is based on what looks good on you and what is timeless.
You need to be shaded from rude people and the trials of everyday life.
You feel sunniest when you can retreat to your home or favorite cafe
Tuesday, September 09, 2008
Monday, September 08, 2008
- Attended to a few medical appointments on Friday morning. I love having Friday's off, I take my time with appointments and I'm not always thinking about rushing back to work, it's lovely.
- Had lunch with a friend at Buckley's.
- Relaxed and enjoyed a quiet evening at home.
- Watched Stand Up To Cancer and found it informative and much less annoying that most fundraising programs.
- Slept in a bit on Saturday morning.
- Completed a bunch of household chores and projects around the house.
- Watched the beginning of the Oregon State vs. Penn State football game until it was just too painful to watch anymore.
- Enjoyed the sun, big boats, yummy food and good wine with Don at Bell Street Diner on Saturday evening.
- Discovered that BYU fans are even more annoying outside the state of Utah. GO UTES!
- Had a perfect Sunday morning complete with pj's, coffee, TV news/politics, cinnamon rolls.
- Watched Separate Lies and Three to Tango, both recorded as suggestions by my TiVo. The fall TV schedule can't start soon enough.
- Did the grocery shopping for the week and it all fit in 2 reusable bags but the one was so stuffed I could barely get it out of the cart, let alone up 3 flights of stairs.
- Read and relaxed while making dinner.
- Crawled in bed amazed that the weekend was over already.
- Spent Thursday visiting some clients on the Olympic Peninsula.
- Supervised as Dave plank grilled some fresh salmon for dinner on his new Weber grill.
- Watched the OSU football season opener against Stanford, which they lost, painfully, with Dave, Kristen and John.
- Cancelled our planned day trip to Mount St Helens on Friday since the *cutest nephew in the world* had a virus so instead Barney and I relaxed at home.
- Did the usual laundry bit on Saturday morning. Only noteworthy aspect was the absence of the idiot barista at Peet's, maybe they got smart and got rid of her? We can only hope.
- Took care of John while Kristen and Dave went to a wedding on Saturday. Actually Barney did most of the work as he is the babysitting assistant ever.
- Drank some beer and played some cards at RedHook with Don and Kat on Sunday afternoon.
- Tried out yet another off-leash area, this time at Woodland Park, and have decided that Barney is just not ever going to fit in the "off-leash" scene and that's okay.
- Celebrated Labor Day with Don and Kat with a barbeque on Monday evening.
|You Would Make an Okay 1930's Wife|
You have some of the attributes of an ideal 1930's wife... but you probably didn't intend it to be that way.
You don't buy into retro gender roles, though you do embrace your femininity at times.
A 1930's man may find you passable, but you probably wouldn't want anything to do with him.
Sunday, September 07, 2008
I've been very easily distracted the past two weeks primarily by Barney and a new mattress. They are totally unrelated but both wonderful additional to my life.
Barney and I are getting into a regular groove and I'm loving having him in my life. He seems to be adjusting to his new home and to me pretty easily, in fact, he gets a little upset when I leave him home alone. :-( He is full on unconditional love for everyone he meets. I've loved getting out and enjoying these final days of summer on our daily walks and am amazed how different my neighborhood looks on foot.
After weeks of research and with the assistance of my brother Dave and Don, I picked up my new mattress on August 26th. My old mattress was purchased while I was in college when I moved out of the sorority and into my first real apartment. I had slept on it for nearly 14 years, set it up in 10 different homes in 5 different states. I was so excited to get my new mattress that I didn't even think about the fact that I may feel sad to let the old one go but I know that the cute couple who answered my ad on Craig's List will give it a great new home in their guest room. My new mattress is HUGE, in fact I thought I was going to have to invest in a step stool to get up on it but I've managed to adjust to it. It's a joy to sleep on. It's soft, yet firm and oh so comfy. I find myself craving bed time earlier and earlier every night.
Barney is reminding me that it's time for his walk and I'm craving my bed but rest assured, I won't be so quiet in the coming weeks.
1. Julie Anne's Bakery and Cafe, 2. a short walk to the fish market, 3. northern lights, 4. An Irish Sunset, 5. Vogue Magazine, 6. Sunset Wine3 ice cream float:), 7. Aurorus Reflectus Colosseo, 8. Easy Peach Cobbler Recipe, 9. Macho, the Sommelier, 10. Barney, 11. Radiance, 12. Birfday cobbler!
To do this yourself:
Type your answer to the questions into a flickr search
Using only the first page, pick an image
Copy and paste each of the urls in the Mosaic Maker
1. What is your first name?
2. What is your favorite food?
3. What high school did you go to?
4. What is your favorite color?
5. Who is your celebrity crush?
6. What is your favorite drink?
7. What is your dream vacation?
8. What is your favorite dessert?
9. What do you want to do when you grow up?
10. Who/ what do you love most in life?
11. Choose one word that describes you?
12. What is your Flickr name?
Wednesday, September 03, 2008
|You Are a Cherry Flavored Popsicle|
You are sweet and friendly. For you, summer is all about doing your favorite things.
You are a nostalgic person. You love old fashioned things like ice cream trucks.
You savor everything. Every taste of summer, the feeling of the sun, the smell of the beach...
Of all the types, you love summer the most.