When I began thinking about 2008 my initial response was negative, thankful that it was almost over. After all, my faced another fight against cancer, my brother Jimmy had one of those “one bad thing after another years,” my job was more frustrating and challenging than previous years, my birthday sucked and Thanksgiving was a family drama nightmare. But then I decided to list the “highlights” from 2008 and my list numbered 15 after only a few minutes of brainstorming. Feeling better about my outlook on 2008, I decided to create a Top 10 list of my favorite 2008 memories, and here it is:
10. Replacing my 13 year old mattress with the most wonderful mattress in the world, even if it’s so tall that I can barely get up on it.
9. Being able to see clearly following my eye surgery in June. I had no idea what I was missing and I love being able to drive at night again.
8. Having my mentor, Pauli Marr and my mom in town at the same time, we laughed until we cried, we laughed until it hurt.
6. Sharing Seattle with my Cuz (Karri) and her Huz (Dale). We soaked up the sun, ate too much, drank too much and had a wonderful time.
5. Getting to know Barney, the cutest Beagle in the entire world.
4. Rejoicing on Election Night with the rest of the country as history was made and the wave of change swept across the country.
3. Paying off my debt to
2. Celebrating my 5 Year Cancer Free Anniversary with laughter and tears and a trip to my favorite beach in the whole world.
And my top memory of 2008….
1. Surprising Don with tickets to Vienna Teng in
Here is hoping 2009 is filled with as many wonderful moments! Happy New Year!