Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Artos (Greek Celebration Bread): BBA Challenge #2 (#bba)

The second recipe in the BBA Challenge is Greek Celebration Bread. Reinhart gives several different variations to try, I chose the basic Artos to begin with. I'm still feeling the need to stick with the basics and not venture off too crazily and didn't want to create a Greek Disaster Bread.

The above picture is the bread right out of the oven. I really loved this recipe. I loved creating the barm starter and I loved the savory scents of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and allspice penetrating the house as it was baking. It was really beautiful once it had been glazed and the sesame seeds were added, I wish I had taken a picture but I forgot.

This is a recipe that I could see myself making again and think it would be fabulous for the next time (or rather first time) I decide to host a brunch or shower.

Next up... Bagels. Still scared.

No comments: