Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Bagels: BBA Challenge #3 (#bba)

The idea of making Bagels scared me. Terrified me. Bagels are one of those things that are made by professionals, not me. I read and re-read the recipe to make sure that I had all the steps down and began the task.


Bagels: BBA Challenge #3, originally uploaded by JewellsinSEA.

A few weeks prior to my bagel making adventure I stumbled across this recipe for Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Spread on Pinch My Salt. Being a BIG fan of Pumpkin Spice anything, I couldn't wait to try it. So when deciding about the type of bagels to make I knew I wanted to try my hand at a Cinnamon Sugar variety. I followed the recipe precisely and was oh so pleased when they came out of the boiling water looking very bagel-like. I then coated the top with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar and baked them. They were delightful, especially with the Pumpkin Spice spread. And I was SO proud of myself for conquering the terrifying bagel recipe and for making up my own variation and having it turn out perfectly. This is a huge confidence booster for me. Hopefully from this point on I won't be so damn afraid of every recipe turning into a disaster.

1 comment:

Don said...

Those were some damned good bagels. Delightful by themselves, and particularly good with the spread stuff you whipped up, just a tiny amount spread thinly within... yum. :-D