Thursday, January 29, 2009
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
|You Are a Cartographer|
You have a wide range of knowledge and you're very detail oriented.
You have a photographic memory, and you remember places very well.
Like a middle ages cartographer, you're also very adventurous and curious about the world.
In modern times, you would make a good non-fiction writer or scientist.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Lost Generation by Jonathan Reed
I am part of a lost generation
and I refuse to believe that
I can change the world
I realize this may be a shock but
“Happiness comes from within.”
is a lie, and
“Money will make me happy.”
So in 30 years I will tell my children
they are not the most important thing in my life
My employer will know that
I have my priorities straight because
is more important than
I tell you this
Once upon a time
Families stayed together
but this will not be true in my era
This is a quick fix society
Experts tell me
30 years from now, I will be celebrating the 10th anniversary of my divorce
I do not concede that
I will live in a country of my own making
In the future
Environmental destruction will be the norm
No longer can it be said that
My peers and I care about this earth
It will be evident that
My generation is apathetic and lethargic
It is foolish to presume that
There is hope.
And all of this will come true unless we choose to reverse it .
Read the message, then read it again in reverse.
Which generation do you belong in?
|The Ultimate Color Test|
When you are at peace, you are:
When you are moved to act, you are:
Giving and warm
When you are inspired, you are:
Creative and productive
When your life is perfectly balanced, you are:
Philosophical and expressive
Your life's purpose is:
To live a passionate life
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
|You Got 9/10 Questions Right|
You are a probably a news junkie, Obama fan, or both.
You know a lot about Barack Obama - including his politics, history, and family.
It's likely you're a very knowledgeable person and quite well read.
You can't stand ignorant people, no matter what their political persuasion is.
|You Are Harvard|
You are smart, ambitious, and hard working. Academic success has always come easily for you.
You are responsible and conscientious. You don't mind hard work and never cut corners.
You are very competitive and driven. You like to be the best at everything you do.
And you also expect the best from any school you attend. You want to go to a top institution.
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
|What Your Home Says About You|
You come across as very intellectual. People take your wisdom seriously.
Your hygiene is passable, but you may be hiding some dirty secrets.
You are a very domestic person. You enjoy decorating, cooking, and making things homey.
You are not a nurturing person by nature, but you can easily take care of someone you truly love.
You feel settled in your life. You have enough time to focus on little details.
You are a somewhat self sufficient person. You can do fine on your own if you have to.
Your friends see you as accommodating, peaceful, and forgiving.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Monday, January 12, 2009
- Slept in on Friday morning, oh how I love my 3-day weekends.
- Ran to the office to drop of the boxes of files I picked up from the former International Sales Director during our transition meeting on Thursday afternoon.
- Picked up one of the new tea drinks at Starbucks and took Barney on a walk atop Queen Anne hill.
- Walked down to McMenamins for lunch and a pint with a friend.
- Packed up some of the Christmas stuff.
- Smiled as Saturday marked six years cancer free! It was a far less emotional experience than 5 years.
- Met Kat for lunch at The Cheesecake Factory in Bellevue and then some shopping at Bellevue Square and Lincoln Square.
- Picked up a container for my artificial Christmas tree at The Container Store.
- Ran by the grocery store to pick up a few items.
- Took Barney on a long walk in the rain.
- Tried to add HBO to my DirecTV channel lineup but had to pick a new channel package before I could make any changes since I was on a package that no longer existed. I picked the "Choice" Package which is what I had before but now it contains E!, which wasn't in the old lineup. :-)
- Reprogrammed my TiVo's with the new channel lineups and downloaded all the new data.
- Marveled at the number of Christian networks are available for viewing now. I have 11!
- Watched Runaway Bride and Away From Her.
- Slept in a bit on Sunday morning.
- Organized the house and did a bit of ironing.
- Took a trip over to my brother's home in Port Orchard.
- Had a "comfort food" dinner with Don at McMenamins on Sunday evening.
- Packed up a few more Christmas items and then headed off to bed.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Thursday, January 08, 2009
Wednesday, January 07, 2009
|What Your Height Says About You|
You are a gifted communicator, and you understand other people well.
You are compassionate and empathetic. You feel other's pain a little too easily.
Because of your open heart and open mind, many people admire and adore you.
You are classy and well mannered. You have the art of charm mastered.
You are about as tall as the average Dutch man.
Tuesday, January 06, 2009
- Worked on Friday, which is typical of "holiday" weeks, but I'm growing tired of working on Friday's.
- Had a runny nose, headache and mild fever upon arriving home and decided to stay in and get some extra rest for fear of it turning into a real cold.
- Organized my closet which was on the verge of being declared a disaster area.
- Curled up on the couch with Barney and caught up on my TiVo recordings.
- Went to bed early.
- Toss and turned, most of the night, ugh!
- Woke bright and early for the usual Saturday morning laundry, coffee routine.
- Had breakfast at Queen Anne Cafe following the laundry.
- Completed a few household chores.
- Took a nap.
- Enjoyed Chinese takeout at Kipp's while sharing stories of our holiday adventures.
- Woke when my alarm went off at 5:30 a.m. on Sunday morning and was about to get in the shower when I realized it was Sunday.
- Went back to bed and slept for a few more hours.
- Stayed in my pajamas until 2, I love Sunday's!
- Did some organizing and prepping for the week ahead.
- Warmed up some leftovers from the New Years celebration with the family for dinner.
- Headed to bed early in an attempt to get back on my "normal" sleeping schedule for the week ahead.
Monday, January 05, 2009
1. Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Mark entires when someone guesses correctly along with the title of the movie and the person who guessed it.
5. No cheating. No Gooole or IMDb search functions to find the answers.
Items in red have been guessed correctly. Good luck!
2. "Oh honey you know what's happened I got a runner in my pantyhose, I'm not wearing pantyhose." (Pretty Woman, Christy)
3. "Mother, I do not need a blind date. Particularly not with some verbally incontinent spinster who drinks like a fish, smokes like a chimney, and dresses like her mother."
4. "It's K-K-K-Ken c-c-c-coming to k-k-k-kill me." (A Fish Called Wanda, Katharine)
5. "Get me. I'm givin' out wings." (It's a Wonderful Life, Christy)
6. "During the daytime people would want to hear songs that they know, just songs that they recognize. I play these song at night or I wouldn't make any money. People wouldn't listen."
7. "Hello? Santa Claus's reindeer? Of course I can... let's see, there's Dopey, Grouchy, Sneezy, Sleepy, Happy, Bashful, Rudolph and Blitzen! You're welcome!"
8. "I need to talk to you. Every time I call you're either taking a bath, washing your hair or you're out of the country. That was a good one, by the way." (Can't Buy Me Love, Christy)
9. "She was a good cook, as good cooks go. And as good cooks go, she went."
10. "You'd rather focus on other people's Kodak moments than make memories of your own!" (27 Dresses, Katharine)
11. "So this is Hell. And there's a crucifix in it." (The Birdcage, Katharine)
12. "Do they teach beauty queens to apologize? Because you suck at it!" (Erin Brockovich, Katharine)
13. "Cancer? Oh my God! I am gonna go bald and have to eat macrobiotic food!"
14. "I can't have coffee, it's on the bad food list you gave to me. What kind of doctor are you?"
15. "Sometimes I sing and dance around the house in my underwear. Doesn't make me Madonna. Never will." (Working Girl, Christy)
Friday, January 02, 2009
Seattle, WA (home)
Cannon Beach, OR
Salt Lake City, UT: May, July, November
Port Orchard, WA
Lake Wenatchee, WA (Telma, nearest city)
San Francisco, CA
Here is hoping that 2009 brings some more exotic ports of call.
UPDATE: Forgot to add SeaTac, WA to the list. Also you can check out Kat's list here.
Thursday, January 01, 2009
|Your Name Comes From Jupiter|
You are an open-minded, adventurous person who has an expansive view of the world.
You are quite cosmopolitan, and inflexibility of any wort really turns you off.
You're outgoing, warm, and jovial. You are willing to welcome all newcomers into your life.
You celebrate life every single day. There's so much to learn and do. You love to take it all in.