Sunday, June 01, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up

This weekend I had the honor of serving as a Guard/Page at the 105th Convention of Washington State Chapter of P.E.O. My dear friend, Barb was presiding over the convention as President. The weekend was busy and filled with memories, some of the highlights:
  • Enjoyed being one of 14 identically dressed women. It's been a long time since my sorority days of uniforms.
  • Gave directions, passed notes, checked credentials and hauled boxes.
  • Met extraordinary women from Iowa, South Carolina, Texas, Montana and Idaho.
  • Ate too many catered hotel meals.
  • Drank too much wine.
  • Felt unbelievable relief when the power point presentation that I had prepared when off without a hitch.
  • Laughed at the *funny* stuff that happened along the way.
  • Watched with pride as my sister and friend Barb presided with eloquence and grace.
  • Cheering on as Deede took the lead as started her year as President.
Following convention Kat and I went to The Cheesecake Factory for a late lunch and then saw the brand new Sex and the City movie which I LOVED!

How was your weekend?

No comments: