Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Focaccia: BBA Challenge #13


Focaccia: BBA Challenge #13, originally uploaded by JewellsinSEA.

Reinhart states in the introduction to this recipe that he is surprised that Focaccia is as popular in the U.S. as it is because most of it is horrible. I didn't know what he meant until I finished this bread and tasted it. Wow!

Putting it together was actually quite easy and I'm please to say that I'm getting better and better at handling dough to ensure that the right texture is achieved in the end.

The end result was beautiful, the texture was perfect and the flavor was amazing (likely thanks to the absurd about of herb infused olive oil that I coated on top). I can't wait to make this one again! I think it will be perfect with a bowl of homemade minestrone this winter.

No comments: