Monday, August 07, 2006

You make one little change...

I colored my hair last night. I color my hair frequently (usually every 6 to 8 weeks). I used the same brand and color that I have used in the past. When I finished it was after 10:00 p.m. and my hair was wet. At the same time I remembered that I was going to have to wake up extra early this morning and had an extremely important day at the office. So, I made the decision to set up hair in rollers and sleep in them overnight, therefore expediting my morning routine.

Years ago I used to set my hair in rollers on a regular basis. I think my hair looks really good after being set in rollers overnight. The created effect is a full-bodied hair with soft and flowy curls framing my face. And that is no exception today. The natural curl that my hair has just accentuated the effect. I was super pleased with results.

The whole point of sharing this story is that every single person that I have come in contact with today has commented about my hair. On my way into a meeting at 7:30 a.m. one of my co-workers grabbed my arm to get my attention to comment about my hair. While on the phone in the 11 o'clock hour another co-worker interrupted my phone call to gesture to his own hair to compliment my hair. And yet another co-worker who speaks limited English interrupted me in the break room while making my lunch to compliment my hair. I don't think that my hair looks that much better than usual but the change in style is drawing extra attention. It is probably also accentuated by my ultra-professional wardrobe selection for the day, who knows!

No comments: