Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Wednesday Morning Brain Dump

I ordered a DVD player for my bedroom last week. It arrived at the office on Monday and was waiting for me when I arrived yesterday morning. It sat on the corner of my desk all day and I couldn't wait to get home and hook it up last night, especially since I just received 2 new movies from NetFlix. When I arrived home I opened the box and took out all the cords, paperwork and electronic stuff. I went to work finding and outlet for it and then once I had it plugged into a power source I went to connect it to the input jacks on my TV. Only one problem, my TV doesn't have input jacks. AAAHHHH! The TV is only a few years old so I just assumed that it would and it didn't occur to me to check before buying a DVD player. I took the owners manual and a glass of wine out onto the deck and paged through it hoping a solution would just pop out from the pages. And right on the front page of the "Quick Use Guide" was the following notation:

"If your TV has only a single Antenna In jack, you will need an accessory RF modulator. The RF modulator converts the video from the DVD player so it can play through the TV's Antenna connector. Refer to your owner's manual for proper connection."

Hooray! A solution, thank goodness! I really didn't want to have to buy a new TV. A quick google search on RF Modulators and I was in the know. I found a small one made by the same manufacturer of my new DVD player on Amazon.

===========

I offered some cantaloupe to a co-worker this morning by extending the Tupperware dish with small chunks of cantaloupe in it towards him and asking, "Cantaloupe?"

He replied, "I am married so I cannot elope with you."

I chuckled very little; his word puns bug me most of the time.

============

I am feeling like a very well worn doormat this week. In order to prevent myself from continuing down the doormat path I am trying to identify what I do that leads to my being a doormat. The first order of business is to remove "my ad" from the universe!

Female seeks friendship - If you are interested in having someone nurture you, rescue you, drive you around, feed you, listen to you, cry with you, support you, love you and bend over backwards for you and help in any way she can just so that you can walk away when you are done; then I am the doormat that you have been looking for. Call and I will let you start walking all over me immediately.

===========

The irony of the week is that the person that has caused a tremendous amount of anger and pain is the person that kept suggesting that I check out Daniel Powter's music. I had heard the song Bad Day on the radio and liked it but had no idea that he sang it. I didn't put it together until I downloaded from iTunes last night. I have listened to it quite a few times since and it is becoming my theme song for the week.

Bad Day by Daniel Powter

Where is the moment we needed the most
You kick up the leaves and the magic is lost
They tell me your blue skies fade to grey
They tell me your passion's gone away
And I don't need no carryin' on

You stand in the line just to hit a new low
You're faking a smile with the coffee to go
You tell me your life's been way off line
You're falling to pieces everytime
And I don't need no carryin' on

Chorus:
Cause you had a bad day
You're taking one down
You sing a sad song just to turn it around
You say you don't know
You tell me don't lie
You work up a smile and you go for a ride
You had a bad day
The camera don't lie
You're coming back down and you really don't mind
You had a bad day
You had a bad day

Well you need a blue sky holiday
The point is they laugh at what you say
And I don't need no carryin' on

Chorus

(Oh.. holiday..)

Sometimes the system goes on the blink
And the whole thing turns out wrong
You might not make it back and you know
That you could be well oh that strong
And I'm not wrong

(yeah...)

So where is the passion when you need it the most
Oh you and I
You kick up the leaves and the magic is lost

Chorus

===========

It can only get better, right? ;-\

No comments: