Friday, August 18, 2006

Friday morning randomness

The movie Snakes on a Plane premiers in theatres today. I can't seem to escape this movie. Everyone is *buzzing* about it; the DJ's on my favorite radio station, the Today Show, my colleagues at work, are all driving me crazy with their discussions of this oddball movie. I predict that this will be one of those movies that many people claim to love even if they hate it because they think that everyone loves it and they are supposed to love it.

I am terrified of snakes. It is a totally irrational fear and I know it but I am unable to talk myself out of the fear. I will never forget the scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark when Indiana Jones is surrounded my snakes and proclaims, “I hate snakes!” I am right there with you Indy. I hate them and I will always hate them.

============

My newest guilty pleasure is watching the drama over lonelygirl15 unfold on YouTube. Her videos began appearing in my “Top Watched Video” feed on Bloglines and watched a few and found it juvenile and mildly entertaining. But when I caught on to the controversy that exists on YouTube about the authenticity of her videos I became completely intrigued. I don’t know if they are commercially produced or not but I am enjoying everyone debating it.

===========

I first discovered chocolate flavored Redi Whip at the grocery store a few years ago and immediately classified it as something that belongs in my self proclaimed 6th Food Group (a food group for things that are just too man-made e.g. Velveeta, hot dogs, SPAM). Last week I ended up stuck with a can of it along with other leftovers from an Ice Cream Social. I finally tired it last night and it was surprisingly okay. Not overpoweringly chocolate and the perfect topping to my homemade mocha. I don’t think I would purchase it again, but will enjoy the remainder of the can I have.

============

My friends Don and Jenna and I are going to see Carbon Leaf in concert tomorrow night! I feel like a purchased the tickets months and months and months ago, because I did and I cannot believe that it’s finally here.

I ♥ Carbon Leaf

============

I am so pleased that today is FRIDAY and I have a 4-day weekend! WOO HOO!

No comments: