- Enjoyed the fall colors and a beautiful drive over Steven's Pass.
- Unpacked and settled in to Kamp K, my friend Kipp's cabin.
- Took a walk along the waterfront and back through the woods.
- Worked REALLY hard to get a fire started.
- Relaxed on the deck and enjoyed the lake while snacking and sippin a glass of wine.
- Made and enjoyed a yummy dinner of steaks, baked potatoes and green beans.
- Got beat over and over again in repetitive games of Shanghai Rummy.
- Drank too much wine.
- Sipped coffee and stared out at the morning fog on the lake.
- Made oatmeal for breakfast and can't believe I've lived 35 years and never put cinnamon on my oatmeal!
- Snapped some great pics on the way to Leavenworth, I love fall!
- Saw the Oktoberfest parade and the traditional taping of the first keg.
- Tried a few "new to me" beers.
- Enjoyed walking through Leavenworth on a sunny beautiful afternoon.
- Got back to the cabin in time to enjoy the sunset and some snacking in front of the fire.
- Lost some more card games, it was not my weekend for winning.
- Enjoyed coffee in front of the fire again trying to get the fire going again.
- Made my famous (at least in my little world they are famous) Eggs Benedict.
- Cleaned up and packed up.
- Stopped at Smallwood's Harvest in Peshastin, WA to buy fresh apples.
- Got home in time to unpack and prepare for the week ahead.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Escaped from Seattle to Lake Wenatchee for a long weekend with Barney and Don. Here are the highlights: