Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Wednesday Mutterings

I stopped on the way home from work yesterday to fill my gas tank. A few months back I started taking a slight detour on my way home to get gas at the Safeway because I get an additional discount with my Safeway card, usually .10 cents per gallon. While I was pumping my gas yesterday the clerk waved at me and asked me to come in the store. I have gotten to know him over the past few months as he seems to be the only one working when I am there. As soon as I hit the door he shared with me that they had been robbed at gunpoint the day before and asked if I wanted to see the tape. He had just finished showing it to another customer. I stood and watched the 15 seconds of tape as a masked man walked in the store and up to the counter, pointed the gun and walked out with the contents of the cash register in a plastic Safeway bag. I told the clerk that I was glad that he was okay and left the store to finish pumping my gas.

On the way home is occurred to me that maybe I want to find a new place to get gas, but then I did pay $2.75/gallon yesterday. Decisions, decisions.

==========

I received an email yesterday and I don’t know who it’s from…

Hi Julieanne,now you have my email address, will be fine to see you in October.Love ya, “New Friend?”

I don’t quite know what to do, I don’t remember meeting anyone new, but evidentially I am seeing them in October! :-)

==========

What part of “Quiet Zone” is so difficult to understand?

==========

Since I began working in the *beautiful Kent valley* over 18 months ago the fields directly north and east of our building have been filled with weeds. Well two weeks ago they began construction additional buildings in those fields. All day long they dig and drive big trucks and equipment around. They have not started any real construction yet and already I am sick of it. They are kicking up all kinds of dirt so my car is dirty all of the time and the constant movement of large trucks and equipment is causes our whole building to shake. The mini-earthquakes are driving me nuts.

No comments: