Thursday, September 14, 2006

Rainy Day Randomness

The temperature has cooled significantly over the past few weeks and I love it. Last night it cooled off to 60 degrees in my apartment which created the perfect environment for sleeping and I slept very soundly. I was late getting home and therefore late getting to bed so I decided to forgo the gym this morning and just sleeping in.

I woke before the alarm today to the sound of rain. I couldn’t actually hear the raindrops falling on the ground, but I can hear the “woosh” “woosh” sound of the cars speeding past my building in the rain. I lay in bed and decided which sweater I was going to wear today. Oh, I have missed my sweaters.

==========

I commuted to work this morning in rain for the first time in months. I listened to the traffic report before leaving the house and it seemed that either of my normal routes would be a bit slower than usual because of problems (accidents, stalled vehicles, etc). So I picked the route that is consistently better but it still took me 55 minutes to complete my usually 25 minute commute.

Is it possible that Seattleites have forgotten how to drive in the rain in the few short months that it has been dry?

==========

I don’t know what I did before NetFlix and how I ever survived without it. I am a HUGE fan!

==========

I keep my palm pilot in a red leather case. When the case is open there is an elastic loop on the left hand side for storage of the stylus (for those of you that don’t speak Palm that it the “pen” you use to write on the screen of a palm pilot). Well the loop is worn out and stretched out from 2+ years of use. Every time I have opened the case during the past week the stylus has been missing. I have found it on the floor, in the bottom or my purse, in my car and this morning I found it in my bed. It’s a miracle that I have not lost it!

==========

I downloaded the new version of iTunes (7.0) yesterday. I played around with it for a few hours last night and I really like many of the improvements that they have made. The screen is more clear and concise and you can choose from several new views when looking a play list or library. The only glitch that I have experienced is that I asked it to fetch the album covers for all of my CD’s (most of which already had album covers) and when it found a few that were slightly different than what I had it duplicated the tracks. So, all of a sudden I had several hundred extra tracks in my music library. I got that all cleaned up and won’t be doing that again.

==========

Peaches are at the peak of ripeness right now. I LOVE PEACHES! I have eaten a peach every day for the past 2 weeks. I make fruit cobbler on a regular basis. The recipe was my mother’s and she always made it with peaches. I use different kinds of fruit and often use berries. I am going to make it with peaches this weekend, I can’t wait.

==========

Well lunch break is over, better get back to work. :-)

1 comment:

Don said...

mmm peaches. When I was a kid, I used to love peach season. We would buy a few, peel them, slice them, and sprinkle a tiny bit of sugar over them. Let ’em sit for a few minutes and then snork them down, just amazing.

I’ve of course had the cobbler with berries several times and it rocks utterly, so I’m quite looking forward to trying it with the peaches it was originally invented to contain. ;-)