Thursday, September 07, 2006

Thursday Thoughts

One of the customers that I was scheduled to call today is named Keyster. Is that real name? It seems to me like the name of a cartoon or fictional character. It also reminded me of the scene in Home Alone when Kevin uses the audio from a movie to scare away the burglars… “I’m going to give you to the count of 10 to get you ugly, yella, no good keyster off my property before I pump your guts full of lead. 1, 2, 10!!!” All of those things were swimming through my head while the phone was ringing and I was completely relieved when I got voice mail, instead of the man himself.

==========

Four months ago I inherited the “South” territory from a co-worker that left the company. He kept a whole lot of paper records of his correspondence with clients rather than saving the electronic formats within our customer database. I have a 5 inch thick stack of papers that I have ignored for 4 months and decided that this afternoon would be the perfect time to begin tackling the pile.

This co-worker was known for his inappropriate wordiness and was always sending out emails several pages in length. The bulk of my pile is printed copies of those emails which I am just throwing into the recycle bin. However this has given me the opportunity to read his correspondence in more detail than I had before and after several instances of falling out of my chair and sharing with my co-workers, I have decided to create a “Greatest Hits” file. That way when I am having a bad day and need a good laugh, I can pull out the folder and have numerous resources at my disposal.

==========

I spent the entire summer searching for a pair of navy sandals and never found any. I wanted to wear a blue dress today so I resorted to wearing the navy sandals that I already owned. I remembered that they were uncomfortable but I forgot just how uncomfortable they are. I can last about 40 minutes in them and then they HAVE to come off. As a result I have been barefoot most of the day.

==========

I am going to meet a 12 foot troll that is made entirely of recycled materials tonight. I am pretty excited about it.

No comments: