Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day Randomness

Once again Bumbershoot came and went and turned my normally quiet neighborhood into a bit of chaos over the weekend. Each and every day by noon it was impossible to find a parking space on my street and traffic around the Seattle Center was crazy. After last year I swore that I would go out of town this year, but that didn’t work out. I have already marked the calendar to hit the road next year.

===========

Summer is “socially” over even thought the calendar reflects a few more weeks. I wore my white summer dress and white sandals today to mark the end of the season. I have officially “put them away” until next May.

Usually I am not quite ready for summer to come to an end when Labor Day weekend rolls around. This year I am ready to put summer behind me. I miss cool, rainy days. I miss my sweaters. I miss curling up on the couch with a cup of tea and a good book. Autumn is my favorite season and I am ready.

==========

I had dinner at Mama’s Mexican Restaurant tonight. I have been looking for a good Mexican restaurant since I moved here and several people had mentioned Mama’s to me and after my first meal there I can officially say that I will be back. I have to try a few more menu items before I name it as my favorite Mexican restaurant in Seattle, I will keep you posted.

==========

Today marks the completion of my first week back in the world of exercise. It is going to be a few more weeks before exercise is fully integrated back into my normal routine. One immediate benefit… I am sleeping SO well! (

No comments: