Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Idiot of the Day



















My commute took 94 minutes this morning. I first encountered fallen trees at the junction of Hwy 99 and Hwy 599 and then I sat on I-5 on South Center hill for an eternity. It turns out that at 5:30 a.m. a truck carrying an oversize load hit an overpass at the top of the hill and partially destroyed an overpass. They had the freeway narrowed down to 2 lanes. I took this picture as I was getting closer to the overpass. When I passed underneath the overpass the highway was covered with little chunks of concrete. The truck was sitting on the right hand shoulder and the state police were inspecting it and talking to the driver as I passed.

One would think that this type of accident isn't likely to happen this day in age with signage and information plastered all over bridges and overpasses, but it did. Hence the Idiot of the Day award is given to the truck driver. Ugh!

No comments: