- Spent Thursday evening packing and getting ready for the trip.
- Woke early Friday to finish up and be ready to go at 7:00 a.m.
- Endured constant rain for the entire drive to Corvallis but Don made excellent time and got us there safe and sound.
- Had lunch at American Dream Pizza (one of my favorite college hangouts).
- Headed to campus for a couple of meetings.
- Met Don at Clodfelter's (another one of my favorite college hang outs) and had a few beer to celebrate successful meetings.
- Checked into our hotel and got settled in.
- Had drinks and then dinner at Micheal's Landing.
- Slept in.
- Enjoyed a mocha at The Beanery and decided that they really do make the best mocha in the entire world.
- Enjoyed the fall colors while walking around campus sharing stories and taking pictures.
- Picked up a new t-shirt and sweatshirt at the OSU Campus Bookstore.
- Saw the Homecoming Parade.
- Played cards and hung out at McMenamins (yet another college hangout spot).
- Cheered as OSU beat Arizona State although I could have done without the craziness at the end.
- Slept in, again. Yeah!
- Had breakfast at Elmer's on Sunday morning.
- Traveled home via Port Orchard to pick up Barney who had spent the weekend with my brother and sister-in-law.
- Unpacked and settled in for the week ahead.
Thursday, November 06, 2008
Don and I went to Corvallis, Oregon for the weekend, the highlights: