- Attended to some appointments on Friday morning. The best thing about a 4-day work week is that you have an entire day to schedule appointment and can be leisurely about it.
- Completed many of my household chores while sweating in my 80+ degree apartment on Friday afternoon.
- Enjoyed a quiet evening at home. Watched the Olympics, read and surfed the internet.
- Saturday morning was all about, that's right, Laundry!
- Watched more Olympics, gotta love em, read and relaxed on Saturday afternoon.
- Completed a very successful outing to the Costco Home store in Kirkland. I picked out my new mattress in less than an hour.
- Attended a gathering for friends and alumni of Westminster College at a lovely home in Bellevue.
- Enjoyed a lakeside patio dinner with Don, Kat and Nancy at The Beach Cafe at Yarrow Bay Grill.
- Walked around Fisherman's Terminal on Sunday morning, it was nice and cool on the water.
- Had a yummy breakfast at The Bay Cafe.
- Spent the bulk of Sunday afternoon in my bedroom enjoying the air conditioning while I gave myself a mani/pedi, read, watched old episodes of Gilmore Girls and the Olympics.
- Ventured into the non air conditioned part of the apartment to fix some dinner. Grilling was the only option due to the heat.
- Watched even more Olympic coverage while I ate dinner.
Sunday, August 17, 2008
It was a HOT one in Seattle. The highlights: