- Arrived in time to have garlic burgers with my family. For the record, my step-brother Michael makes a seriously good garlic burger.
- Listened to the booming of the Pioneer Day fireworks off in the distance.
- Got my car repaired included an alignment, tire rotation, new headlight and a brand new resonator.
- Had lunch with my Dad at Olio.
- Ran a few errands with Mom including stopping for a cone at Nielsen's Frozen Custard.
- Caught up with old family friends.
- Tons of Laundry, ironing, cooking, cooking and cleaning so that Mom didn't have to do it.
- Taught my Mom how to play Shanghai Rummy while snacking on Clam Dip & Texas Caviar with Nancy.
- Stubbed my big toe and broke the nail in half, lengthwise. Ouch!
- Briefly sorted through some boxes in the basement of "my stuff." I had no idea what was in them when I started but found some real treasures including my girl scout merit badges, my famous red glasses from high school and my report cards. I brought 4 home with me and look forward to sorting through them to discover more treasures.
- Enjoyed playing with my nephews Ethan and Gabe.
- Caught up with Jenna while we working on setting up her new Mac Book.
- Fixed plank grilled halibut for family and friends, always a big hit.
- Thought I was going to burst into flame any minute because it was SO HOT in SLC, I really am a Seattle weather wimp now.
Monday, August 04, 2008
Weekend Wrap-Up Extended Version
I'm a bit delayed in getting this post up, but better late than never. I was in Salt Lake City for an extended weekend (7/24 - 7/29) with my family. Here are the highlights: