Monday, August 04, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up Extended Version

I'm a bit delayed in getting this post up, but better late than never. I was in Salt Lake City for an extended weekend (7/24 - 7/29) with my family. Here are the highlights:
  • Arrived in time to have garlic burgers with my family. For the record, my step-brother Michael makes a seriously good garlic burger.
  • Listened to the booming of the Pioneer Day fireworks off in the distance.
  • Got my car repaired included an alignment, tire rotation, new headlight and a brand new resonator.
  • Had lunch with my Dad at Olio.
  • Ran a few errands with Mom including stopping for a cone at Nielsen's Frozen Custard.
  • Caught up with old family friends.
  • Tons of Laundry, ironing, cooking, cooking and cleaning so that Mom didn't have to do it.
  • Taught my Mom how to play Shanghai Rummy while snacking on Clam Dip & Texas Caviar with Nancy.
  • Stubbed my big toe and broke the nail in half, lengthwise. Ouch!
  • Briefly sorted through some boxes in the basement of "my stuff." I had no idea what was in them when I started but found some real treasures including my girl scout merit badges, my famous red glasses from high school and my report cards. I brought 4 home with me and look forward to sorting through them to discover more treasures.
  • Enjoyed playing with my nephews Ethan and Gabe.
  • Caught up with Jenna while we working on setting up her new Mac Book.
  • Fixed plank grilled halibut for family and friends, always a big hit.
  • Thought I was going to burst into flame any minute because it was SO HOT in SLC, I really am a Seattle weather wimp now.
How was your weekend?

No comments: