Wednesday, October 18, 2006

100 Things About Me

The idea for this list was inspired similar list that I saw on the website of a girlfriend. It's 100 factoids about me that were spontaneously generated in about 15 minutes.

  1. I am my parents oldest child.
  2. I have 2 younger brothers.
  3. My parents are divorced.
  4. They are both re-married.
  5. I have 11 step-siblings.
  6. I know them all by name.
  7. I don't have addresses or phone numbers for the majority of them.
  8. That used to bother me, it no longer does.
  9. I went to college at Oregon State.
  10. I was in a sorority.
  11. Living with 61 other women drove me crazy.
  12. We didn't have pillow fights in our underwear.
  13. My second grade teacher told my mother that I was loud because my voice carries.
  14. My mother told her that I was loud.
  15. I am a good cook.
  16. I love experimenting in the kitchen with new flavors and inventing recipes.
  17. My current passion is pairing the perfect wine with every dish.
  18. I used to hate white wine.
  19. Now I love it and prefer it to red.
  20. My favorite color is red.
  21. When I was a kid my favorite color was fuchsia.
  22. I hate the color purple.
  23. I have curly hair.
  24. I love my hair.
  25. Sometimes I wear it straight.
  26. I live in Seattle.
  27. And I love it.
  28. And no it doesn't rain 9 months out of the year.
  29. I like rain.
  30. I wished it snowed in Seattle at least once a year.
  31. Autumn is my favorite season.
  32. I love sweater weather.
  33. Christmas is my favorite holiday.
  34. I love giving gifts.
  35. I hate receiving them.
  36. I like to watch people open gifts that I have given them.
  37. I hate to open gifts in front of people.
  38. I have been known to get a bit carried away with decorating for the holidays.
  39. Last year I had 28 strands of lights on my tree.
  40. Valentine's Day is my least favorite holiday.
  41. I think it is a stupid holiday.
  42. If you love someone you should tell them everyday.
  43. I would love to have a dog.
  44. I need to find the right dog for me.
  45. I love football.
  46. I prefer college match ups to the NFL.
  47. I was born in Utah.
  48. I have lived in Oregon, Virginia, Maryland and New Jersey.
  49. I went to Girl Scout camp every summer.
  50. I loved camp.
  51. I was a CIT (Counselor in Training) summer of 1988.
  52. My camp name was Gonzo.
  53. I don't do a lot of camping as an adult.
  54. The best part of camping is singing camp songs.
  55. I often misinterpret the lyrics to songs.
  56. This often leads to embarrassing moments.
  57. I am not a very good singer.
  58. I love to sing in the car.
  59. I love music.
  60. I saw my first concert at the age of 12.
  61. It was Neil Diamond.
  62. I have been to numerous concerts since.
  63. And have seen Neil Diamond 3 other times.
  64. I am a total klutz.
  65. My family calls me "Princess Grace."
  66. Slippery surfaces are a nightmare for me.
  67. My family also calls me "The Camp Director."
  68. I have always been the organizer of family functions.
  69. When my mother remarried I passed out 4 page itineraries to the family.
  70. I was not very popular that day.
  71. I have always resenting being the one in charge.
  72. Yet I always end up being that person.
  73. I can sleep almost anywhere.
  74. I snore.
  75. I find it to be horribly embarrassing.
  76. If I could change anything about myself snoring would be at the top of the list.
  77. I love to have pedicures.
  78. I love to read.
  79. I love to escape into other lives and worlds in books.
  80. I have a fairly good memory.
  81. I tend to remember useless bits of trivia.
  82. I am smart.
  83. I love being smart.
  84. I love playing board games.
  85. I love coffee.
  86. I got an espresso maker for Christmas last year.
  87. The older I get the more I like tea.
  88. I love my palm pilot.
  89. It keeps my life organized.
  90. I get teased by friends and family about relationship with my palm pilot.
  91. I love technology.
  92. My favorite TV show is Gilmore Girls.
  93. I also like Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives and ER.
  94. I usually watch my favorite shows when they are on because I can't wait to see them.
  95. I am addicted to NetFlix.
  96. I do not like to "browse" when shopping.
  97. Except in bookstores.
  98. I hate working out.
  99. I always feel better when I work out.
  100. I love living alone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You failed to mention that although you love to put up the Chirstmas decorations - taking them down is not your strong suit!!

JAS

PS- you are probably going to hate that you told me I could post without signing up for anything!!

Julie Anne said...

Okay so I will admit that one year my tree was up until mid-March. But it only happened once and it will never happen again!

There is something to be said about best friends that remember everything and remind you of it frequently! ;-)