Friday, January 04, 2008

Friday Randomness

The work week has seemed extremely long this week even though it's only be a total of 3 1/2 days. Monday was a breeze and the day flew by. Wednesday through Friday have been a different story and have been extremely frustrating. I have been unbelievably busy but my task list has only grown as I keep getting pulled from my regular tasks to deal with emergent and difficult customer situations and deals that need closing. Don't get me wrong, I love to close deals but not when everything else just piles up.

I have been working on some *behind the scenes* improvements to my site this week as I menitoned in my post last week and I have some exciting news. Inspired by Don's Tumbld site, I have created one of my own called Jewells in Brief. The site consists of links that I have posted to del.icio.us, random ideas and thoughts that I have posted to Twitter, photos that I have posted to Flickr and then posts from this blog. I feeds update every hour and don't pay attention to the time on the postings as it is never accurate.

I have been busy this week uploading pictures to Flickr. While doing so noticed that you could activate statistics to monitor the activity (views, favorites etc) related to your photos, so I did. My statistics are depressing. According to the Flickr world my pics aren't interesting, they are rarely viewed and no one considers them "favs." :-( I am going to continue to upload the remainder of the pictures from our recent vacation to Florida and hopefully someone will find those interesting.

UPDATE: 01/05/08 10:58 p.m.
I just checked my Flickr stats for the past 24 hours and I have 227 views in the last 24 hours. I guess I should whine on my blog about my unpopularity more often. ;-)

No comments: