- Left the office early and met Kat at my place so we could run to the store to pick up essentials for the evening.
- Introduced Kat to the magic of the of the Laughing Cow.
- Ate clam dip and watched Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade in preparation for seeing the new Indy film over the holiday weekend.
- Woke early Saturday to complete the usual laundry bit.
- Created new starts and baked the Amish Cinnamon Friendship Bread from the start that I received from a colleague 10 days prior. (If you live in the Seattle area and would like a start for this yummy cinnamon bread, let me know via IM, email or comment.)
- Downloaded pictures from my camera to Flickr including pictures of Mom's visit to Seattle, Jimmy's 30th and the trip to Utah and driving home through California.
- Ran errands.
- Attempted to take a walk on the beach at Golden Gardens but couldn't find parking so ended up at the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks on the Lake Washington Ship Canal which was fascinating and totally cool. I can't believe I haven't been before.
- Had my eyebrows waxed.
- Enjoyed the afternoon and sunset from the deck at Eastlake Bar and Grill. The drinks and food were good, but the service SUCKED!
- Woke early again thanks to the sun and headed out to Costco to beat the crowds.
- Took pictures of the flowers and herbs on my deck and completed a blog post about them.
- Took a nap.
- Decided to go watch the big boats (a.k.a. cruise ships) leave Elliott Bay from the deck of Bell Street Diner but when I arrived they were closed due to a plumbing problem.
- Watched the cranes and dock workers load tons of luggage onto the Norwegian Pearl.
- Drank a beer at Anthony's Fish Bar.
- Frustrated by the heat and late departure of the Norwegian Pearl I left the Seattle waterfront in search of a sunny deck and possibly some Copper River Salmon.
- Soaked up the summer sun and watched the big boats sail by from the deck at Ray's Boathouse. Kat came down and joined me for dinner and the sunset which was amazing.
- Woke to a dreary cooler day on Monday so I opted to stay in bed for a couple of hours and read.
- Had lunch with Kat and Don at Red Robin in Bellevue Square.
- Saw Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull which I loved.
- Watched as Don kicked my ass all over the pool table at Rock Bottom.
- Found my iPod, full story here.
- Shared a glass of wine with Kipp when he stopped by just after leaving Folk Life.
- Enjoyed some wine on the deck with Don and the sun faded away and the holiday weekend came to an end.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Memorial Day Weekend Wrap-Up
The holiday weekend at home in Seattle turned out to be a fabulous weather weekend and chock full o' fun. The highlights: