Sunday, May 25, 2008

Urban Deck Gardening

As I mentioned previously, I planted flowers, herbs and tomatoes on my deck last weekend. As promised, I have taken photos to share.

I planted a total 6 "color bowls" (2 for me, 2 for Kat and 2 for my brother and sister-in-law) and 2 rectangular planters (for Don) with the same flower combinations. They each contained: Fuchsia Geranium, Bonanza Yellow Marigold, Blue Forget-Me-Not, Dazzler White Impatien, Sundial Pink Portulaca, Dreamland Scarlet Zinnia and Dazzler Cranberry Impatien. (Click on the photo for exact identification of the flowers.)


Deck Flowers, originally uploaded by JewellsinSEA.

I also planted 2 rectangular planters for myself. They each contained: Red Geranium, Orange Marigold, Blue Forget-Me-Not, Sundial Pink Portulaca. (Click on the photo for exact identification of the flowers.)


Deck Flowers, originally uploaded by JewellsinSEA.

I planted an herb garden for myself containing: Sweet Basil, Oregano, Golden Sage, Rosemary and Thyme. (Click on the photo for exact identification of the herbs.)


Deck Herb Garden, originally uploaded by JewellsinSEA.

I also planted 2 tomato plants, one is pictured below.


Deck Tomatoes, originally uploaded by JewellsinSEA.

I'm anxious to see how they do this summer. The weather was a little too cool for the tomatoes and herbs last year so I'm keeping my figures crossed that we have plenty of sunny and beautiful days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck with all your plants!

Arlene,
Poulsbo flowers