Monday, March 10, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up

It was only an hour shorter that usual but it seem a whole lot shorter than that. Here are the highlights:

  • Enjoyed a quiet night at home on Friday night which included cheese and crackers for dinner, catching up on old episodes of Las Vegas and watching the movie The Break-Up which contained way too much yelling for the mood I was in.
  • Woke early Saturday to head up the hill and do 5 loads of laundry.
  • Learned what a London Fog is at Peet's Coffee & Tea when ordering my own "regular" drink.
  • Sat at the corner table by the window and watched the world go by while my clothes tumbled around next door.
  • Ran home long enough to put my laundry away and hook up with Don to run to errands including Fred Meyer and Home Depot.
  • Spent the afternoon cooking and drinking beer with Don.
  • Packed up the corned beef and Irish soda bread we had prepared and headed to our "Cooking with Bacchus" evening.
  • Felt like a bum when I stayed in bed until after 9 on Sunday morning only to feel worse when I realized that thanks to daylight savings time it was after 10.
  • Bitched while I walked through the house changing the time on all the clocks, electronics etc. I hate the whole daylight savings bit.
  • Felt the full effect of the writers strike when I realized that except for a couple of shows I am archiving my TiVo is empty.
  • Headed to Don's in the late afternoon Sunday to hang for a bit while he prepared dinner for us of grilled orange chicken and baked potatoes.
  • Speaking of Don he has become quite the baker of late. Shortly after my arrival yesterday he pulled a cake out of the oven. It's the third cake (that I'm aware of) that he has baked this year. I don't mind his baking AT ALL and hope that it continues!
  • Tossed and turned thanks to the time change and/or a late nap and/or god only knows what, and ended up with only about 4 hours of sleep which has left me a bit wiped today.
How was your weekend?

No comments: