Monday, March 03, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up

Enjoyed a 3-day weekend trip to Cannon Beach, Oregon with Don this weekend. Some of the highlights:
  • Woke early on Friday morning to finish packing and organizing so that we could leave between 9 and 10 as planned. Don and I were sending text messages back and forth to ensure that we didn't forget anything and I nearly fell over when I received a message saying that he wasn't bringing his laptop. I hadn't packed mine yet (but had been planning to take it) and was intrigued by the idea of having an "unplugged" weekend and that is exactly what we did.
  • Enjoyed a easy drive (of course if was easy for me, I wasn't driving) south to Oregon.
  • Stopped for a small lunch and a beer at Rogue Ales Public House in Astoria.
  • Got settled in our beautiful room on the beach in Cannon Beach.
  • Had dinner with our friends Nikki and Matt at Bigfoot's Pub and Grub in Seaside.
  • Enjoyed a part rainy, part sunny stroll on the beach to have lunch at Mo's where we enjoyed sourdough bread bowls filled with Clam Chowder and Mo's own Half-e-weizen.
  • Relaxed and enjoyed a sunny afternoon, followed by a spectacular sunset complete with snacks and wine.
  • Had a fabulous dinner at the Wayfarer Restaurant.
  • Slept in and then packed up and left the room just before check-out time and headed to the Pig N Pancake to indulge in some much needed carbs and protein.
  • Took in the scenery on the ride home to Seattle (once again, spoiled cause I didn't have to drive!)
  • Arrived home to empty kitchens/fridges, so we ran to get a few essentials at the store shortly after arriving home.
  • "Plugged in" my laptop to check my email, RSS Feeds etc and realized that I didn't miss anything earth shattering.
  • Relaxed the evening away, all the while remembering the beach and the fabulous weekend, trying to forget that the "real world" would be back in full-force today.
I took tons of pictures but haven't finished sorting through and uploading them yet, but am hoping to do so tonight, I'll keep you posted.

No comments: