Saturday, June 03, 2006

Favorite Music Cue

Shamelessly stolen from Don. It took me nearly a week to complete, but here it is. I used my stats from iTunes to establish the following…

Name your top 10 most played artists/bands:

1. Vienna Teng
2. Eastmountainsouth
3. Counting Crows
4. Carbon Leaf
5. David Berkeley
6. The Fat Lady Sings
7. Jason Mraz
8. Alanis Morissette
9. Indigo Girls
10. Sarah McLachlan

What was the first song you ever heard by 6 (The Fat Lady Sings)?
“Drunkard Logic"

What is your favorite album of 2 (Eastmountainsouth)?
They only have one album, their self-titled debut. They are now pursuing solo careers.

What is your favorite lyric that 5 (David Berkeley) has sung?
From “A Moon Song”

And so I stand upon the wreckage of the kingdom of the world,
and I stare upon the ruins and remember this girl.
You see, the boy would be her nightingale if she would be his muse.
And when she looked into his eyes, there was nothing she could refuse.
And so the green-eyed boy, he kissed the autumn-eyed girl.
Their kiss is painted on the urn, watch it as it twirls.
Still she said, "Truth is sorrow, we will never be that way."
And he said, "Truth is pleasure, that is all there is to say."
But some say, "Truth is hidden, it lies very far below."
But I say, "Truth is beauty. That is all you need to know."


How many times have you seen 4 (Carbon Leaf) live?
Once, last summer (the night before my birthday) as part of the Zoo Tunes Concert Series. I will be seeing them again live this summer. I *heart* Carbon Leaf!

What is your favorite song by 7 (Jason Mraz)?
A live version of “You and I Both”

What is a good memory you have involving the music of 10 (Sarah McLachlan)?
Waking up on December 31, 2004 to my clock radio blasting “Building A Mystery” and having instant peace about building a mystery with my own future.

Is there a song of 3 (Counting Crows) that makes you sad?
“Round Here” a little bit, but I have mostly good memories attached to CC songs.

What is your favorite lyric that 2 (Eastmountainsouth) has sung?
From “So Are You To Me”

As the music at the banquet
As the wine before the meal
As the firelight in the night
So are you to me

As the ruby in the setting
As the fruit upon the tree
As the wind blows over the plain
So are you to me


How did you get into 3 (Counting Crows)?
The summer of 1994 I was living in Corvallis, Oregon and taking summer school classes. I lived in a tiny house with 3 other girls. The “August and Everywhere” album had just come out and it was the first time I had heard of them and the CD became the soundtrack of that summer, which was one of the best of my life.

What was the first song you heard by 1 (Vienna Teng)?
“Between” from Waking Hour.

What is your favorite song by 4 (Carbon Leaf)?
“Life Less Ordinary” from Indian Summer.

How many times have you seen 9 (Indigo Girls) live?
Twice.

What is a good memory you have involving 2 (Eastmountainsouth)?
Driving down Hwy 99 shortly after moving to Seattle and realizing the power of the lyrics of “You Dance.”

I won't face another day
I won't wait until tomorrow
I won't spend another night without you
let me carry you away
let me wake you every morning
let me wander every day beside you
'cause you dance in my head, in my heart, in my everything
you belong


Is there a song of 8 (Alanis Morissette) that makes you sad?
“Perfect” from Jagged Little Pill.

Sometimes is never quite enough
If you're flawless, then you'll win my love
Don't forget to win first place
Don't forget to keep that smile on your face
Be a good boy
Try a little harder
You've got to measure up
And make me prouder
How long before you screw it up
How many times do I have to tell you to hurry up
With everything I do for you
The least you can do is keep quiet
Be a good girl


What is your favorite album of 5 (David Berkeley)?
Confluence

What is your favorite lyric that 3 (Counting Crows) has sung?
From “Mrs. Potter’s Lullaby” from This Desert Life.
Well I loke up in mid-afternoon cause that’s when it all hurst the most
I dream I never know anyone at the party and I’m always the host
If dreams are like movies, then memories are films about ghosts
You can never escape, you can only move south down the coast
Well, I am an idiot walking a tightrope of fortune and fame
I am an acrobat swinging trapezes through circles of flame
If you’ve never stared off in the distance, then you life is a shame
And though I’ll never forget your face,
Sometimes I can’t remember you name


What is your favorite song of 1 (Vienna Teng)?
It’s a tie between “Shasta (Carrie’s Song” and “Harbor” (both from Warm Strangers).

What is your favorite song of 10 (Sarah McLachlan)?
“Push” from Afterglow

Every time I look at you the world just melts away
All my troubles all my fears dissolve in your affections
You've seen me at my weakest but you take me as I am
And when I fall you offer me a softer place to land
You stay the course you hold the line you keep it all together
You're the one true thing I know I can believe in
You're all the things that I desire you save me you complete me
You're the one true thing I know I can believe


How many times have you seen 8 (Alanis Morissette)live?
Never.

What is your favorite album of 1 (Vienna Teng)?
“Warm Strangers”

What is a great memory you have considering 9 (Indigo Girls)?
My friend Jenna called in the summer of 1997 or 1998 to ask if I wanted to attend the Indigo Girls concert with her. I had no idea who the Indigo Girls were so I ran out and purchased a few albums and memorized as much as I could in 3 days. We attended the concert together and had a blast and it turned me into a huge Indigo Girls fan.

What was the first song you heard by 8 (Alanis Morissette)?
“Ironic” from Jagged Little Pill.

What is your favorite cover by 2 (Eastmountainsouth)?
“Hard Times” which evidentially is a hymn but I only found that out a few weeks ago.

No comments: