Friday, February 01, 2008

Notable only to me

Today is my half-birthday. When I state this fact to most people they look at me like I'm on crack and ask, "What the hell does that mean?" It means that today I am exactly 34 1/2 years old.

Most people don't even know when their half-birthday is. I have always known because when I was a child this was the day that I would celebrate my birthday with my elementary school classmates. Having a summer birthday ruined the entire *bring cupcakes to share with the enter class* deal and I, of course, felt totally robbed. So my brilliant mother suggested that I celebrate with my classmates on February 1st and hence the tradition was born. Even though February 1st wasn't my birthday, I got special attention on that day and it was almost like having 2 birthdays a year, without aging, which as a child rocked utterly!

Nowadays it comes and goes and is only really notable to me. And to serve as a reminder to my friends and family that they only have 6 months to pick out and buy the perfect birthday gift for me. :-) He, he, he.

No comments: