Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Weekly Update - Funeral Potatoes and Non-Stop Fun!


I am incredibly late in sending my weekly update and I apologize for that. I appreciate the fact that many of you have been concerned enough to contact me to make sure that everything is okay. Yes, everything is okay, I have just been very busy! I believe that it was just last week that I was stating that my week had been void of great adventure, this week has certainly been the opposite! So much has happened I don't know where to begin...

Work was incredibly busy last week. I had my most productive day thus far last Wednesday (4/20). We had a pot-luck lunch on Thursday for our Bookkeeper who is retiring at the end of this week. I decided that my contribution to the pot-luck should be a Utah classic, "Funeral Potatoes." Everyone loved them, but they didn't get the whole church function, funeral potato connection, I guess it's a Utah thing. My mother has been insisting for years that they are "Potatoes O'Brien" and yet whenever she serves them everyone in Utah calls them funeral potatoes, but everyone at work just called them "good."

Don and I went on the Spirit of Washington Dinner Train on Friday evening. The train leaves Renton, WA and travels along the banks of Lake Washington to the Columbia Winery. It has been a very long time since I have been on a train and the trip was great!

My little brother Jimmy arrived on Saturday morning for a visit. Dave, Kristen, Jimmy and I visited Snoqualmie Falls and had dinner at my place on Saturday. On Sunday, Jimmy and I had breakfast at one of the neighborhood spots, went to Port Orchard to visit Dave and Kristen, did some shopping downtown and had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. Although our weekend was super busy and fun, I have to say that the highlight was attending the U2 concert at Key Arena on Monday night. It was an amazing performance and we had a lot of fun.

Needless to say, I was beyond exhausted yesterday! I worked a 10 hour day, but I don't quite know for sure how I did it after having 3 hours of sleep. Last night I went home and did something that I haven't done in years, went to bed at 9 p.m. And, I have caught up on my sleep just in the nick of time because my Mom arrives on tomorrow afternoon for a long weekend which will be filled with just as many adventures.

Hope this update finds you all well!

No comments: