Monday, September 18, 2006

Bad Morning

When I went to bed last night everything was fine. When woke up this morning it was not. My alarm went off early this morning so I could head to the gym. As soon as I was awake I noted something was wrong. My right forearm was swollen and tingling. I got up to go to the bathroom and investigate and was horrified when I turned on the light I noted that the right side of my face was swollen covered with red patches. I then examined my arm and found a very large swollen welt and red patches up and down my arm and on my chest. I immediately took a Benadryl and put ice on my face and climbed into bed. A few hours later the swelling had gone down in my face and arm. I am assuming that it’s a spider bite of some kind. I always have severe reactions to even the smallest spider bite, but this is ridiculous.

When I got to work and shared this story with my friend and co-worker Kipp he is sure that it was a Hobo Spider that bit me and that he heard on the news last week that someone died from being bit by a Hobo Spider. I did a quick search and I need to keep and eye on it but it’s not going to kill me, at least not today.

Kipp just came by my desk to ask me if he could have my CD collection and my couch. I thought it an odd question and clarified that he indeed want the above mentioned items when I drop dead later today from my spider bite. I assured him that I wasn’t going to die today.

No comments: