Thursday, August 24, 2006

Thursday Morning Randomness

I am surprisingly upset about the demotion of Pluto’s planetary status. I realize that we know a whole lot more about planets then we did when we declared that it was a planet so many years ago and I realize that Pluto doesn't meet the criteria to be classified a planet, but can’t we just “grandfather” little old Pluto in and leave the universe alone.

I remember when I memorized the names and order of the planets; I had trouble keeping them in order so a friend taught me a sentence to aid my memory.

My Very Excellent Mother Just Sent Us Nine Pizza’s.

Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto

How does that sentence help now? What about the textbooks, maps, posters, movies and encyclopedias used in schools all over the country? And, has anyone asked Pluto how he feels about the whole situation.

============

This message is for the jack&*# driving the J and L Excavation truck on southbound I-5 this morning (cause I am pretty sure that he is an avid reader).

The left lane is for passing! It is not appropriate to enter the freeway, immediately veer across 3 lanes of traffic and then drive along below highway speed in the left lane. I don’t care if you are positioning yourself to be ready for the left hand exit to 405 because it was still 3 miles away.

============

Today is a day that has been nearly 7 years in the making. We are launching our new *dishwasher* today. I will be running around like a crazy woman this morning ensuring that bows are tied, boxes are wrapped, champagne is chilled and everything is spotless. Then come 1 p.m. I will be in charge of the launch and am just hoping that everything goes perfectly. Wish me luck!



No comments: