Wednesday, August 02, 2006

America's Got Talent?

Everybody knows that there is are no good television shows on during the summer but I think that NBC has reached an all time *bad* this summer with the poorly named "America's Got Talent." I have only seen it a few minutes of a few episodes because I am disgusted with the entire production.

It almost as though they were trying to take the best of American Idol, which in my opinion are the episodes at the beginning of the season, and make and entire show out of it. This wouldn't be so bad if the performers were bad enough to be amusing but they simply suck! Tonight I flipped on the television just in time to catch the final two acts. The King Charles Unicycle troupe boasts themselves to be the Harlem Globetrotters on wheels. The major difference I noted, having seen the Harlem Globetrotters several times, is that the Globetrotters actually make the baskets that they shoot. The final act was a band from California with the word "demolition" in their name but I didn't catch it because the minute that they began singing their horrible song, I turned the TV off.

When will reality TV finally die? Isn't the trend over yet? I know that there are many talented people in America but their are not on this show!

No comments: