Thursday, August 10, 2006

Interference

While getting ready for work this morning I watched the morning news, my usual routine. I was surprised to learn about the terrorist plot and the heightened security at our airports. I am attending a bachlorette party in Las Vegas this weekend and was planning on sending an email to everyone so that we could change our plans for arriving at the airport. However, the bride-to-be beat me to it and I received this...

"Damn terrorists interfering with my party…if you haven’t heard yet this morning, there were some terrorists going to blow up a plane with liquid explosives, so now the US is up to code orange, and no liquids are allowed through the check points. So I guess we just buy toothpaste and stuff in Vegas unless someone wants to check a bag?"

It is an hour later now and emails have been flying all over the place. Our plans are changed to arrive a bit earlier and check our bags (so we don't have to buy anything there) because nothing is going to ruin this party!

No comments: