Monday, August 04, 2008

Top 10 Things I Hate to Hear when Visiting SLC

When visiting my hometown, as I did last week, I inevitably suffer from an auditory assault of the same things over and over again. When thinking about this prior to leaving for SLC I decided to keep track and then create a David Letterman inspired list of my favorites. ;-) Without further ado, here we go.

The Top 10 Things I Hate to be Hear when Visiting SLC (and ways I wished I could have responded or notes in italics).

10. Do you like Seattle? Yes, but it rains 9 months of the year, so don't even think about joining me there.
9. When are you moving back? Never
8. What are
you doing here? Gee, just because I moved away doesn't mean I can't come visit every now and then.
7. The 9 different phones ringing in my parents house.
Did I mention that they also have 6 TVs.
6. So, (tint head), how come your not going to Med School? I made a decision that was good for me, absolutely NO need to pity me.
5. What was that? I heard this EVERY time by cell phone instant message alert rang.
4. Do you need to get that? I heard this immediately following the previous, I eventually turned the ringer off.
3. Are you happy? Even if I weren't, do you really think you would be the first to know?
2. I bet your worried about your cancer now, huh! With my mothers recent diagnosis, I guess its inevitable to consider my own mortality but I'm still in shock that 2 people actually said this to me.
1. Your hair is so long! People, I was bald 5 years ago! Hair grows!

No comments: