Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Tuesday Morning Randomness

I started this post earlier but then my system crashed and I lost it, so I am now starting over. It's just been one of those days thus far.

I am unable to complete my normal duties because the software we use is being updated to reflect the new year. This has been going on for close to 2 hours now. In that time I have filled the time by:
  • Cleaning out my in-box
  • Reading EVERYTHING on my bloglines feed
  • Chatting with some co-workers
  • Changing the order of my NetFlix queue
On Friday we had a problem with the server and were down for a few hours, I can just feel the work building up. There is nothing more frustrating than have tons of work to do and not being able to do it.

==========

I have an order from Amazon that is supposed to arrive at my office tomorrow. I just checked the tracking info on the package and saw the following.

Date Time Location Event Details
December 31, 2006 09:56:00 AM LOUISVILLE KY US Arrival Scan
December 31, 2006 05:40:00 AM COMMERCE CITY CO US Departure Scan
December 31, 2006 04:41:00 AM COMMERCE CITY CO US Arrival Scan
December 31, 2006 01:33:00 AM OAKLAND CA US Departure Scan
December 30, 2006 09:59:00 PM OAKLAND CA US Shipment picked up from seller's facility
December 30, 2006 03:23:11 PM US Carrier notified to pick up package

My question - If a package must go from Oakland, CA to Seattle, WA, why would one ship it to Louisville, Kentucky. That damn *Lew Eve Falcon Duck He* is haunting me!

==========

Why is it that only the women around here make the coffee? I finally got a chance to get to the kitchen shortly after 8:00 this morning and no one had made the coffee yet. While walking into the kitchen I noted that 2 of my colleagues were leaving the kitchen after checking to see if there was coffee and frowning when they realized there was none. I did something similar but then I made the coffee. Why didn't it occur to them to follow their frowns by making the coffee.

I have given both of them a bad time about it. :-)

==========

Well off for an early lunch with my favorite co-worker at one of our favorite spots.

Hope the first working day of the year is going better for you than it is for me.

No comments: