Sunday, January 07, 2007

Great Weekend

This weekend was filled with all of the elements that make a weekend truly good. On Friday night, Don and I totally geeked out at my place and set up my new wireless router and external hard drive. I am so loving having a wireless network again. Now I can surf anywhere in my apartment. And having a new external hard drive has given me the freedom to expand my music collection. I spend a ton of time this weekend adding songs to my collection that I have been collecting for months because I didn't have the space to do so.

Saturday morning I saw the return of school. I attended class on Saturday morning and became the leader of my lab group. I didn't want to be the leader last term but then found myself being VERY competitive with the group leader. I really wanted to be in a totally different group this term but as it turned out several of my classmates from last semester really enjoyed working with me so I we reunited and created a group complete with the leader from last semester. It should be interesting. Then it was off to coffee with a girlfriend and an afternoon of errands and palm tree hunting.

This morning Don and I had brunch (that's what you call it when you eat eggs late on Sunday right?) at one of my favorite neighborhood places. Then I had a lazy afternoon at home. It watched a movie and relaxed. Tonight I enjoyed the return of some of my favorite TV shows (Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters).

I had planned on taking down the Christmas tree this weekend but realized today that I am not quite ready. I am ready to say goodbye to the Christmas knick-knacks and other decorations but the tree is something that I not quite ready to part with. So I gathered together all of the decorations and prepared them for packing and didn't do anything with the tree. I realize that Saturday was Epiphany marking the official end of the holiday season but I figure I can do it in my own timing which means that I will spend portions of this evening this week making Christmas disappear from my home.

I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend and are ready for the week ahead. :-)

No comments: