Monday, November 06, 2006

Rain, rain, rain.... everywhere!

The "Pineapple Express" hit Seattle on Friday and in the last three days Seattle has had nearly 5 inches of rain. The most intense period of rain began last night and they estimate that we will get 2-6 inches of rain today. If today lives up to what the forecasts say it could go down as one of the 10 wettest days in Seattle history.

This is the most intense rain that we have had since I moved to Seattle. I watched the news and weather forecast but I learned long ago to now put too much trust in them. It has been pouring since I woke up this morning. It hasn't slowed down, it's constant and steady and I am beginning to wonder where it's all going to go. I didn't drive from Seattle to Kent this morning, I hydroplaned. I knew that puddles could form on flat roads, but did you know that they can form on slopes too. The concept of "urban flooding" is right outside my office window. There are huge puddles everywhere and the reservoir that was built on the empty lot adjacent to our building is completely full and spilling into the adjacent land.

It's going to be an interesting afternoon. Hope you are dry wherever you are!

No comments: