Monday, November 13, 2006

Family Weekend Summary

My family was in town this weekend to attend the church service were *the cutest nephew in the world* was being dedicated. We all managed to get along relatively well and at the end of the weekend there were no casualties. In a world of turmoil and change it is nice to know that some things remain the same. I realized that fact this weekend with observation of the following.

  • Family members remember details about you that you can sometimes hide outside those relations. And they have no problem sharing when prompted.
  • "Travelers" remain a part of family event tradition. The ferry is a perfect place to enjoy a Bloody Mary made in the "Backseat Bar."
  • I am positive now that little brothers will always act like little brothers. We are adults now and yet he is still acting like a kid by whispered in my bad ear, being poked or dead fish hugs.
  • I was actually raised in a pack of wolves, at least according to the pastor at the church.
  • My Mom really can sleep ANYWHERE!
  • My Dad will always ask the same question many times.
  • I remain my nephew's favorite aunt! (No need to point out that I am his only Aunt.)

The main theme of this weekend was laughter. My family has always laughed together and we continue to do so. We laughed at little John's perfect laugh, Jimmy's fashion choices, David for being phat, my lack spelling ability (how about some thooth paste), Ricker's URR, and a million other things.

I love laughing with my family. Thank you for making me laugh at myself and all of you this weekend.

No comments: