Monday, October 30, 2006

Not quite ready, afterall

Yesterday was a typical Seattle autumn weather day. It was foggy, then sunny, then cloudy, then drizzly, then raining, then windy, then pouring, then windy, then sunny, then gray, then cold, then cloudy and then windy. By the time the sun set on the day it was clear and colder than it has been in months.

I spent the day at home. It was the perfect day to be at home. I spent the majority of the day studying and prepping for my midterm this week. I also watched a couple of movies, finished a fabulous book (more on that in a later post) and took a nap. By the time the evening news rolled around I was prepping for today and preparing for bed and couldn’t believe what a big deal they were making of the weather, not at all surprising for Seattle meteorologists. Due to my dislike of one particular Seattle weatherman, I don’t pay a great deal of attention to their forecasts but I do recall them saying it would be cooler today.

Upon leaving the house this morning I was shocked at how cool it was. I thought about running up and grabbing a jacket and then thought that I would be fine in the car once it warmed up and then I would be at the office. When I arrived at the office some 30 minutes later I couldn’t believe how cold it was. It’s always cold on Monday mornings but this seemed worse than usual. An hour into my workday I was still freezing and wishing I had a jacket or coat. That is when someone looked at the thermostat and realized that the heat wasn’t working. The repairman was called and a few moments after 11:00 a.m. the heat kicked on again.

It’s finally starting to reach a “normal level” and it’s a whole lot more comfortable. The past few weeks I have been thinking that I am totally ready for winter. After today’s temperature test, I am not so sure.

No comments: