Monday, June 14, 2010

Shootin'

I learned how to shoot a gun tonight. One of my colleagues competes in shootin' (his word, not mine) competitions and mentioned it a while back. I said that I had always wanted to learn how to shoot a gun and he offered to teach me. I don't think this will become a regular thing for me and I don't see myself ever owning a gun. I simply wanted to know how to shoot one to add it to the list of things I've done.



First Target, originally uploaded by JewellsinSEA.

The first couple of trigger pulls were terrifying. I am after all the girl who is afraid of champagne bottles and Pillsbury dough containers so pulling a trigger to make a big bang was the part I was absolutely dreading. But once I got used to it I got comfortable and towards the end of 50 rounds I was pretty good, if I do say so myself.  The target above was the first of three.  The target pictured below was the final target. 



Third Target, originally uploaded by JewellsinSEA.

No comments: