- Raced home from work on Thursday to get up the hill in time to do laundry.
- Enjoyed a carpet picnic of cheese 'n' crackers with Don at the Laundry Room while our clothes were washin'
- Packed and put the laundry away.
- Woke bright and early to get to the airport for my 7:00 a.m. flight.
- Arrived in Salt Lake to beautiful weather, sunny and warm.
- Took the pearls I got in Hawaii to a jeweler friend of my mother's to have them made into earrings.
- Had lunch with my Mom at Squatter's my favorite Salt Lake brew pub.
- Picked up some paper for a project that my mother is working on at Xpedx.
- Shopped for some new fall clothes for my Mom at Dress Barn.
- Got settled at Mom's.
- Had dinner with my Dad, Step-Mom and a family friend.
- Enjoyed a breakfast of biscuits and gravy at Midvale Mining with my Mom and Step-Dad.
- Exchanged some shoes that my Mom bought me for Christmas last year to SAS Shoes without a problem. Very impressed by their customer service and return policy.
- Did some more shopping at the brand new Kohl's store at Brickyard.
- Ran to the liquor store and grocery store.
- Bagged our plans to go to Oktoberfest at Snowbird and opted for some catch-up time with my Mom and Step-Dad.
- Helped my little brother with some laundry and grocery shopping.
- Attended an Housewarming/Open House at the new home of my "Cuz" and her "Huz" which was tons of fun.
- Had way too little sleep on Saturday night.
- Enjoyed breakfast with my Mom and brother Jimmy at Eggs in the City.
- Returned to Mom's to pack and teach her how to use the DVR on her satellite box.
- Caught a mid-afternoon flight home to Seattle.
- Took a pan of lasagna out of the freezer and popped it in the oven.
- Unpacked my bag and got settled back into life in Seattle.
- Had a lovely dinner and bottle of Sangiovese with Don.
- Collapsed into bed and slept quickly in an attempt to recover from a VERY busy weekend.
Monday, October 12, 2009
Weekend Wrap-Up: 10/9 - 10/11
I spent the weekend in Utah with my family, here are the highlights: