Monday, October 27, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up

I'm actually posting this on time, that never happens! It was a productive and busy weekend, here are the highlights:
  • Took Barney to the vet for his second distemper vaccine.
  • Relaxed at home and caught up on the backlog on my TiVo.
  • Waiting anxiously for my new cell phone to arrive.
  • Played with my new phone for hours. It's so different, but I love it.
  • Ran to the grocery store to pick up a few needed items.
  • Organized my contacts and synced them to the phone.
  • Spent 30 minutes on the phone with Verizon to see why my short code messages aren't coming through and in the end they couldn't figure it out.
  • Set the new phone down long enough to get some sleep.
  • Deep cleaned the dining room and living room.
  • Watered, fertilized and shined the leaves on all my plants.
  • Finally watched the second and third Presidential debates. Now I finally understand why everyone was so annoyed by the "Joe the Plumber" references.
  • Ran to the grocery store, again.
  • Baked a carrot cake from scratch and made Chicken Enchiladas.
  • Hosted a birthday party for my friend Christy.
  • Stayed up past midnight which is a very rare occurrence for me, man am I getting old.
  • Took Barney on a long walk around the Seattle Center and enjoyed the sunshine and fall leaves.
  • Deep cleaned my bedroom.
  • Organized the magazine holder, I still had magazines from 2005.
  • Cleaned the fans (which I have to say is a truly disgusting job) and put them away for the season.
  • Got ready for the week ahead.
  • Relaxed on the couch and watched Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy before heading to bed.
How was your weekend?

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

If the old magazines haven't made it to the recycling, I'd happily bring them to Michael's teacher for the kindergarten class to cut up!

Also, do you want to carpool tonight?

Julie Anne said...

Damn! I dropped the magazines in the recycling bin on my way out the door this morning, but will save in the future if they will still need them.