Sunday, March 02, 2008

Three!

I admit that I am way to into dates/anniversaries and milestones. With that said, I thought I would share my joy about *3* with you.

This past was week filled by 3rd anniversaries for me. Monday (February 25th) marked 3 years since the day Mom and I pulled into Seattle in a U-Haul truck. Wednesday (February 28th) marked 3 years at my job. And Saturday (March 1st) marked the third year anniversary of moving into the apartment that I still call home. I realize in the grand scheme of things that 3 years isn't an eternity. But with my track record - 3 years is a big deal!

Seattle now hold 3rd place position for the place I have lived longest (see graph below). My hometown (Salt Lake City) holds the top spot followed by my college hometown (Corvallis, Oregon). I spend the bulk of my late twenties bouncing around from place to place, all the while thinking that each place was *perfect* and *my true home* only to realize a few months into each that it wasn't a perfect fit.

I had the usual adjustments when I first moved to Seattle - finding new doctors, drive to places the day/night before to ensure I didn't get lost, finding new favorite restaurants and hang-outs - but I have had an amazing sense of home in Seattle since the moment I arrived.

Happy Anniversary Seattle! I love calling you *home!* :-)

No comments: