Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Misheard and misinterpreted

I was listening to the radio on the way to work this morning. The DJ announced that they would be playing a new song that has been unbelievably popular in the UK. In fact, it's been the fastest selling single in UK history. So I turned the volume up a bit so I could hear the song better. It was okay, but didn't grab me immediately. After hearing it I decided to email my little brother Jimmy and ask him if he had heard it and see what he thought. My email to Jimmy:

Have you heard the new song from RK Fire? Apparently it's the fastest selling single in UK history. I heard it on the way into the office this morning and thought of you.

About 1 hour later I received a call from my brother. It went like this.

"Jewells, I don't know how to tell you this but the group is not RK Fire is Arcade Fire."

"Yeah that's what I said in my email, R... K... Fire."

"No, not R... K..., ARCADE, like where you play video games, an Arcade."

"Oh, it's Arcade? Oops!"

Silence

"I heard it wrong, I am and idiot"

"It's not my favorite song anyway."

"Yeah, me neither."

No comments: