Sunday, February 27, 2005

Weekly Update - Safely in Seattle

Hello all!

Just a note to let you all know that Mom and I arrived safely in Seattle on Friday afternoon. The drive was great and the weather was beautiful. In fact, as we headed through the last mountain pass on I-90 into Seattle the temperature was 58 degrees, and it is FEBRUARY! Crazy!

It feels wonderful to be here after so much anticipation, I am extremely excited.

Friday evening we spent some time relaxing with my brother and sister-in-law (Dave and Kristen). Saturday all four of us ventured to Seattle and spent some time exploring my new neighborhood. I decided that I needed to "practice" getting to work and ended up getting there after several wrong turns and am fairly sure that there is a straighter, quicker and easier way, but I will discover all that in my adventures the next few weeks. Today Mom and I took the ferry to Seattle and met my friend Don for lunch and then it was off to the airport to say goodbye to Mom. What a trooper she is! She is an awesome truck driver (although I was constantly telling her she was going TOO FAST!) and wonderful for taking the time to get me here.

I will be settling into my new job and new apartment this week and I am sure that next weeks message will be filled with many adventures about all of that!

Hope you are all well and thanks for your many messages!

No comments: