Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Weekly Update - On the eve of my great adventure.....down the road less traveled!

Hello all!

Well tonight is my last night in Salt Lake City! It's kind of hard to believe, but I am very anxious to get to Seattle and get settled. I feel like I have been in limbo for the last few months and I am ready to get on with it already!

My family came over tonight and helped move the majority of the boxes from my basement apartment to the garage to make loading a bit easier. We are picking up the truck in the morning, loading it up and then Mom and I will be headed out in the afternoon. We are planning to drive as far as Ontario, Oregon tomorrow and then on into Seattle on Friday. We will be staying with my brother and sister-in-law (Dave and Kristen) and spending the weekend exploring the new neighborhood and playing! Mom flies back to Salt Lake on Sunday afternoon.

I start my job on Monday, February 28th and move into my new apartment on Wednesday, March 2nd. I may be a bit out of touch for the next few days as we are traveling, but I will let you all know how everything is going next week.

For those of your in SLC, I apologize if I didn't get a chance to formally say "Goodbye!" I am not very good at goodbyes, in fact, I hate them. And, I feel in many cases that this is not goodbye, but rather "see you soon!"

As I have spent a great deal of time thinking about change and life's great journey in the last week, and while packing up my books last week I came across this Robert Frost poem that I have loved since I first read it in in an English class at Churchill Junior High. I felt like sharing it with all of you as part of this email tonight, and have included it at the bottom.

Thanks for all your messages of congratulations and well wishes for a safe journey.

=================

The Road Less Traveled

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth

Then took the other as just as fair
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear
Though as for that, the passing there
Had worn them really about the same

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet, knowing how way leads onto way
I doubted if I should ever come back

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence
Two roads diverged in a wood
And I took the one less traveled by
And that has made all the difference

--Robert Frost

No comments: