Thursday, May 03, 2007

It's a sad, sad, sad, sad day

I'm hanging out at home tonight watching Thursday night TV, eating dinner and checking my feeds (through Google Reader) and I stumbled across this article. :-( I'm so sad!

Everyone who knows me knows that I am a HUGE fan of Gilmore Girls. I love the characters, the music, pop culture savvyness and often quote the show to others just to annoy them. I admit that this season has been a bit *off* compared to others but I still not ready to say goodbye.

I decided to head over to GilmoreGirls.org to see what other fans are feeling. I have checked out the site a couple of times but am often times disturbed by the level of fandom of my fellow Gilmore lovers and that was oh so true tonight when I saw a posting on the message board from a fan who cried for 3 hours when she heard the news. Seriously? I'm sad, I would love to see them back in the fall for Season 8, but come on people, a bit of perspective is needed here.

I am just glad that we live in the age of nearly immediate releases of our favorite shows on DVD. My collection of Gilmore Girls is up to date and my sadness (I didn't mention tears, they are fictional characters after all) are eased by the fact that I know that I can pop a DVD, sit on the couch and be in Stars Hollow in an instant.

Thanks for the memories Lorelei and Rory. I will miss you!

1 comment:

Anandi said...

Thanks for the quote on my blog! I too love the Gilmore Girls but stopped watching after last season because it didn't seem as sharp and funny as usual. So I think it might be time to go.