Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Happy Summer!

My co-workers and I toasted the summer solstice with root beer floats this afternoon. The weather cooperated and the sun popped out for a few minutes right before the big toast. I am very ready for summer this year!

I don't usually pay much attention to the official season changing days, but I always pay attention to the summer solstice and the first day of summer. And it's not because summer is my favorite season, because it's not. I think it's just that I love many of the things that I associate with summer and I am always missing them by the time June 21 rolls around every year. This year the weather has not been very *summery* in Seattle which has left me wanting it even more. Here are a few of my favorite things about summer that I am really looking forward to this year.

  • Long days
  • Warm weather
  • Lazy hot days by the pool!
  • Alfresco dining at some of my favorite spots
  • VACATION! (8 more days)!!
  • Fireworks
  • barbecues
  • Camping
  • Outdoor Movies and Concerts
  • The beach

I hope that you summer plans include some of your favorite things! And... HAPPY SUMMER!

No comments: